Research the company
-Speak to others who work there
Research the job
- Before you go
Practice answers to interview questions
Be early 10 or 15 minutes
Bring a copy of your resumé
-Brush hair and teeth
- When you walk in
The job I found to apply for:
FOOD & BEVERAGE positions with IMMEDIATE START DATES!
Cypress Mountain, West Vancouver – West Vancouver, BC
$21 an hour
|Cypress Mountain is currently looking for new members to join our team in the Food & Beverage Department. These positions have IMMEDIATE start dates and some pay up to $21/hour – depending on experience! Great mountain perks including FREE skiing/riding!
Positions are both F/T and P/T and transportation is available to/from the mtn (only 25mins from downtown!) Great team environment and plenty of fun! Join our team today in one of the following roles:
*Prep Cook/Dishwasher: An entry-level position that consists of assisting cooks in preparation of all menu items, slicing and portioning of food. Washing and sanitizing of kitchen small wares, dishes and equipment.
My Cover Letter:
West Vancouver, BC
March 4, 2016
Re: Prep cook / Dishwasher
Dear Hiring Manager
I have spent most of my 16 years interested in food: eating it, cooking it, preparing it. This interest, along with a strong desire to be part of a team, makes me an excellent fit to work in your kitchen.
I have completed the WorkSafeBC safety course, taken several cooking classes and understand the importance of teamwork in the kitchen. I am currently undertaking some work experience at a local restaurant.
This year I was appointed Assistant Manager of our school’s weekly Hot Dog Day. This has allowed me to develop some time management skills, as well as budgeting and inventory skills. Along with other students, I slice and prepare food items for sale. I maintain cleanliness of our work space and food service area.
I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss the contributions I could make to your team and your customers. I look forward to hearing from you.
North Vancouver, BC
- To obtain a position in a restaurant kitchen
- 16 years of loving food
- Strong desire to learn more about the restaurant industry
- Recognized as a valuable team member by coaches and teachers
- Able to quickly build rapport with others in a variety of settings
- Successfully completed the WorkSafeBC Workplace Safety course
- Awarded “Most Charismatic Athlete”, Special Olympics BC – North Shore
- Attentive to order in surroundings
- Active participant in Special Olympics sports
- Great sense of humour
Assistant Manager, Hot Dog Day
SUTHERLAND SECONDARY SCHOOL, NORTH VANCOUVER, BC 2015 – present
- Slicing and preparing condiments and food portions
- Clean and sanitize work surfaces and equipment
- Prepare and adjust budget for sales and fundraising goals
- Conduct inventory counts of supplies
- Purchase supplies bi-weekly
Currently attending Grade 10
SUTHERLAND SECONDARY, NORTH VANCOUVER
Workplace Safety course
CANADIAN RED CROSS 2014